Access and Civil Earthworks
- Provide and install various matting for access to stations and crossing protection
- Complete backfill and final grade corrections post pipeline repair and construction
- Installation of security fences and gates
- Source and deliver various aggregates for pipeline repairs
- Source and install final seeding
Northwest Redwater Refinery (NWR) is located in sturgeon county. Bird Construction was awarded all work for undergrounds and foundations for Units 10, 20 & 30 who in turn subcontracted OCL Group to completed all associated piping. The Piping included Partially Contaminated Sewer System (PCSS), Oily Drainage System (ODS), & Fire Water System(FW).
- Receive, identify and manage supplied materials
- Install piping and supports 12”-36” (weld, bolt, supports)
- Install 2 x 450 HP pumps (alignment, pipe stress)
- Complete tie-ins to below ground pipelines
- Blast, coat and holiday test all underground and above ground pipelines.
- Install rock guard and fillcrete and critical areas
- Hydrotest Manifold piping (remove valves, temp spools, pressure, dain, reinstate valves, pump base)
- Assist with commissioning (work along side Enbridge Operations)
- Install 4” UG drain piping and FRP run off tank